Nottinghamshire's annual consultation on admission arrangements is now open and I write to ask for your help in drawing this to the attention of parents. The County Council, as the admission authority for community and voluntary controlled schools, is required by the School Admissions Code to determine admission arrangements annually. Any changes have to be consulted upon prior to determination.
This year, the consultation for the admission arrangements for 2025-2026 for all community and voluntary controlled schools in Nottinghamshire will be open between 2 October 2023 and 26 November 2023. Please can you share information about the consultation widely within your church communities and other partner organisations who may have an interest in the proposed arrangements? It is important that all consultees have an opportunity to comment on the proposed arrangements if they wish to do so. A poster is attached for you to include in any communication.
The consultation includes:
- review of relevant areas (the area in which a school must consult all other schools on any changes to admission arrangements)
- the proposed change to catchment area within the Gedling district (Chase Farm development)
• the proposed changes to the Published Admission Number (PAN) at:
- Sir Edmund Hillary Primary and Nursery School (Bassetlaw district)
- Walesby CofE Primary School (Newark district)
A summary of the consultation is attached, and the full proposed arrangements are available on our public website www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/admissionsconsultation
It is important that all consultees have an opportunity to comment on the proposed arrangements if they wish to do so, comments can be made up to 26 November 2023 by:
- completing the online response form on the public website www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/admissionsconsultation
- emailing [email protected]
Thank you for your help.
School admissions consultation
Children and Families | Nottinghamshire County Council
Meadow House | Littleworth | Mansfield | NG18 2TB
Tel: 0115 977 2436| M: 07717 272452